Attaching my Ram Pole Rod Rest to the Hobie Outback
I use a DIY rod rest constructed from:
- 1 x Ram Mount 18" Long Extension Pole with 1.5" and 1" Open Socket Ends (RAP-CB-201-18)
- 1 x Ram Mount Wedge Mount with 1.5" Ball for Hobie Mast Tube (RAP-354)
- 1 x Ram Mounts 1" Ball Base with 1/4"-20 Threaded Insert (RAM-B-337)
- 1 x Brass Bank Stick Camera Adaptor - 1/4"-20 Male Thread to 3/8" BSF Male Thread
- 1 x Brass Extra Long Nut - 3/8" BSF Thread x 1"
- 1 x Maver Ripple Rod Rest - uses 3/8" BSF Male Thread
Trolling Rod Holders for the Hobie Outback
I settled on two specific rod holders from the Ram Mounts range.....the RAM-ROD JR Rod Holder With Dual Track Base (RAP-434-421) and the RAM-ROD HD Rod Holder With 6in Spline Post And Track Base (RAP-433-421).
RAM-ROD Jr Rod Holder with Dual Track Base
Ram-Rod HD Rod Holder 6in Spline Post and Dual Track Base
RAM-ROD Go Pro Mount
The part required is a Ram Mount 1" Ball Adapter for Go Pro Bases with Short Arm and Action Camera Adapter (Part No: RAP-B-GOP2-A-GOP1U). The action camera adaptor ball will work with Go Pro Hero, Go Pro Session, Garmin Virb and many other action cameras.