I use 2 means of measuring my fish - one is a fish measuring sticker stuck to a flat piece of perspex for measuring flatfish and ray, the other is a fish measuring sticker stuck to a piece of gutter pipe - this is used for round fish as this holds them much better for taking a photo.
- 6th in europe, 2nd in UK with 2270 points for 129 fish covering 21 species with a catch average of 21.47 points.
- 5th in Europe + Australia section, 1st in UK for total length of all fish with 5633cm of fish submitted.
- 12th out of all kayak wars competitors (USA, Canada, Australia, Caribbean & Europe) for Kayak Man Gold Points awarded for multiple species catches in one day, number of species caught along with other accomplishments.
- 9th in Europe, 3rd in UK with 850 points for 37 fish covering 14 species with a catch average of 22.97 points.
- 14th in Europe + Australia section for total length of all fish caught with 1487cm of fish submitted.
- 13th in Europe with 380 points for 26 fish covering 8 species with a catch average of 14.62 points.
We all enjoyed fishing the kayak wars competition and cant wait for next year when hopefully more teams will take part. Kieren wasn't able to get out on the kayak so much (too busy chasing girls!!) but still managed some decent catches. Elliot and myself went whenever time and conditions allowed us too and hopefully next year will all be able to get out more and score more points!
We all caught some cracking fish - Elliot managed some lovely flatfish and caught his first ever ray - a blonde of 10lb (50cm wingspan). Kieren managed a monster Blonde Ray of 23lb 9oz (71cm wingspan) and my most memorable catches of the year were a Conger of 20lb (155cm long), a Blonde Ray around 18lb (66cm wingspan) and a Small Eyed Ray of 9lb 11oz (60cm wingspan). We had a few fun sessions catching Haddock and Whiting from deep water and towards the end of the year had a couple of awesome sessions fishing for ray! Below are a few photos of the bigger/better fish we had over the year:
Europe Region Teams
The Dutchies 14480
The optimists 7740
West Cornwall Kayakers 4000
The Dogs Pollacks 3420
belgium pikepirates 2250
The Plastic Sturgeons 680
The Amigos 480
The Head 210